Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On Earth, as it is in Heaven

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us." John 17:21


Jesus prayed nothing less for us than absolute oneness with Himself, as He was one with the Father. And from reading what Jesus spoke, it's clear that God's ultimate desire is for His son to be manifested in our mortal bodies.



Lord, manifest Your Spirit in me. Come, be in control so that I may reflect your love, grace, and humility. There's nothing good that dwells within me if it is not your Spirit that drives me. I desperately need you to raise me up, so that I can live - and ultimately live to glorify you. I cast out, in Your name, the imageries of worldly life when I think about the word "living". I wish to live to gather and join You in Your harvest. I wish to live to worship You without departmentalization. I wish to live out my original purpose and subdue the earth with Your glory. GIve me the supernatural strength to yield each step so I allow your will to be done through me. Manifest Your Spirit within me, as you desire. I wish to be one with You.


Lord, without Your manifestation in me, I am powerless and cannot represent You the correct way - I cannot display the raw power of Your glory. It is disgusting that I call myself a christian, and I falsely represent you constantly. I need to show your power so that I can correctly represent your reality! At times, I am tricked to think I am being "realistic" and "humble" when I do not believe I can perform the miracles You performed in scripture - to heal the sick and cast out demons - but I realize that this is false humility. I am without true faith. Get rid of my unbelief so that I can walk on water. Get rid of the "fairy tale" ideas of your word, so that I can get closer to your superior, spiritual reality.



"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on water and came towards Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' he said, 'why did you doubt?'" Matthew 14:29-31



God! Cast out my sin of unbelief! Get rid of all my doubts! Build up a supernatural faith in me, so that I may bring down Your reality, Your heart, and Your will on earth. Constantly remind me of my identity - that I am an image of You. And as this thought crosses my mind, hit me with Your revelation and the power of this meaning.


Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven...




In Christ, Amen.


1 comment: